<$BlogRSDURL$>
A Metrosexuals Bathroom Wall
Wednesday, April 14, 2004
 
The Smell of Sex
Okay, it seems that over the course of writing this bog I have made, what some women believe to be, highly sexist comments in the posts: Gone Fishing and We Gots People Commin

I have not and will never make excuses for the things I have said or written; however, I will justify my thoughts and ideas so that, my listeners or in this case readers, will understand what they did not comprehend before and thus be enlightened.

Let me begin by stating that A Metrosexuals Bathroom Wall is not rated G. As my music professor said, "In this course I may use quote, "curse" words and well if anyone is offended by that then you can fuck off."

.sex
As we all know and have found out throughout our lives sex plays an important role in society. Not just the act of fucking but also gender and the role gender bias plays in ones life.

I am not a woman so it is hard, at times, to connect and identify with everything that women say and believe. Furthermore, any woman who says she can connect and identify with everything men think and exhibit is just plain lying. It is a simple fact that men and women just will not agree on everything. This, however, is not justification for extreme rudeness.

In my post Gone Fishing there was absolutely no bias on my part at all. I was simply posting my response to the quote. The post was NOT about men and women's genitals and the differences in smells and physiology, it was a response to the statement made by another person. If the comment board for that post is checked everyone will plainly see that there are quite a few comments on the subject, none of which are biased they are simply stating facts.

.sexist
The definition of someone who is sexist is:
"discriminatory on the basis of sex n: a man with a chauvinistic belief in the inferiority of women" [This according to dictionary.com (if anyone wants to try to argue with me)]

Someone please tell me (and cite sources) of how I could be construed as a man who thinks that women are inferior. The first source that people would probably try to use is my use of Friedrich Nietzsche's quote "When a woman becomes a scholar there is usually something wrong with her sexual organs." This taken from my post We Gots People Commin.

If anyone knows anything about Nietzsche, he was a very interesting German philosopher and just as when taking all philosophers in to account it must be reminded that not everybody believes all philosophies equally. My justification for using this quote was that I had just seen Meg Ryan's new film In The Cut. A horrible film which is two and a half hours of ludicrous gratuitous bullshit. And guess what- she is an English professor.

.redefine.your.mind
I do very firmly believe that women are beautiful, glorious creatures who should be appreciated.

Also as most women believe and I am in perfect agreement here, women through the course of time have been forced into a role of subservience. I am, however, one of the largest male supporters of gender equality. The Vagina Monologues were superb as well as V-Poetry and other similar events. It saddens me and also offends me that someone would consider me a sexist.

Believe what you want, but (in this case) what you believe is wrong.

.reiteration
As I made it (obiviously not so clear) in Gone Fishing, it has alwaybeen my experience that women both smell and taste great (especially blondes, but brunettes are also very yummy). Also, Honi, who is responsable for this blog post here, remineded me that the "fishy" smell deal is really just a gender based sterotype.

.verdict
Women rock, smell, taste and feel great and most are super intelligent, attractive and awesome people. Futhermore, I am not sexist


Brought to you by: Erin and The Pressuring Statements of a Women Near You. I hope this lays to rest all your doubts ladies, especially Honi.
|

Powered by Blogger Site Meter